Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

“That we are somehow a national security threat to the United States is, quite frankly, insulting”

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Morn'in @hank et al
    There was a preliminary meeting last week in British Columbia of the G-7 finance ministers/central bankers when POTUS announced the tariffs.
    Now, this Friday; the formal meeting is in Quebec. POTUS is scheduled (schedule set previous to tariff stuff) to visit for some reason or another. Side note: POTUS is only president in recent history to not visit Canada during first year of office.
    ---Do heads of state still have food testers when visiting/eating outside of their residence/country?
    Being less than 90 minutes from having my arse seated at a Canadian restaurant ; I would have to have a vehicle decal made prior to travel there today; stating that our house is your long time friend and please don't "egg" our vehicle or worse, as we do not support current announced tariff policies.
    ---Observation: Ontario Provence has a 13% sales tax, Michigan's is 6%. Michigan finds many who travel from Ontario for a visit for various tourist reasons, but also for shopping for particular items. A combo trip thingy. I "see" numerous Ontario plates on vehicles as well as tourist buses intended for "shopping". If a Canadian citizen stays 48 hours or more in Michigan, they make re-enter Canada with CA$800 of duty free products from our state. These shopping trips, in spite of the fact that Canadians have to exchange CA$1.20's to purchase $1US.
    There also remain those who work on either side of the border, while maintaining their country's citizenship. Must be some interesting office chats right now, eh?
    I still ask, "what is the plan Mr. POTUS?" No answers.
    I'll be watching more CBC tv.
    Take care.
    Catch
  • I'll have to check with Ted and Maurice, but it's highly likely that Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is just another left-wing Marxist-Leninist America hater.
  • @Old_Joe - It may be even worse than that. I've heard he may be a (shudder) Social-Democrat People Lover.
  • Aha!! I knew it! I just knew it!!
    :)