Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ben Carlson: The Biggest Thing I Got From An MBA

FYI: I didn’t really have a good reason to get my MBA.
Regards,
Ted
http://awealthofcommonsense.com/2018/02/the-biggest-thing-i-got-from-an-mba/

Comments

• Mr. Carlson discovered he was more curious about the world around him than he previously understood. This apparently has helped him expand his knowledge base and further enhance his chosen path involved in the world of money.
    Being curious allows one's mind a path to knowledge, which can prove to be very valuable with many endeavors in one's life, if used properly.
  • Curiosity does also lead to a less tranquil and more nerve-wracking life as one discards the "comforts" of a religious school education/belief system, and realizes that no one has a lock on "truth" or "God's revealed word", and that your "God" may be in serious disagreement with the other fellow's.
  • Hi @Old_Joe
    Well, yes; there are learning curves that may need to be tempered and adjusted.
    This may well indeed be the period(s) of patience to be able to prove itself a true virtue.
    As with all of this; I do recall that I whacked myself more than several times at a young age while mastering the art of using a claw hammer to build stuff in the nearby forest....ya, know; camps and those sort of things. These events aslo helped to have a better understanding of physical science and some parts of physics in general.