Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M*: Do Foreign Small Caps Offer Better Diversification?

FYI: Foreign small caps can be better diversifiers because they have closer ties to their local economies.
Regards,
Ted
http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=837750

Comments

• edited November 2017
    I have owned OSMAX for over four years and more than once it has been my strongest performer of the year. This category can be very volatile, but i consider this category a nice diversifier in portfolio.
  • @slick. Were you able to purchase load waved ?
    Derf
  • Yes at Fidelity. Fund is now soft closed though.only existing shareholder s can buy more
  • I purchased OSMYX in my retirement account at what was WellsTrade for a fairly low minimum.

Also own ARTJX, which just received some significant capital gains in a taxable account.
  • ISMRX has not disappointed and is a good comparison to OSMAX. FOrmer was profiled by D. Snowball in 2016.
  • TCMPX, best-in-class
  • edited November 2017
    PRIDX is a foreign smid-fund. Great year. 36.48% ytd, 6.87%, over past 10 years.... 24th percentile in 2017. Past decade = 12th percentile. No Load. TRP. And $7.6 billion AUM.