Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Berkshire Hathaway Buys and Sells

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Synchrony Financial looks interesting and I would like to know more about. First impression is that it's interest rates are going to be high on specialty loans.

Any one have any information.

Looked at a Zero turn lawnmower the other day and it was company financed at 26% int.
    per year for four years. I tried to buy with cash and not negotiable on price. Also a car lot offered the similar terms on a used car at 22% over the life of the loan.

It's a new dynamic make some money on the product and a killing on the finance charges.

Is cash good anymore???
  • Thought that "Synchrony Financial" rang a bell. Wickipedia: "prior to its 2014 initial public offering, which raised $2.88 billion, Synchrony operated as a subsidiary of GE Capital".
  • Nice catch, @Old_Joe =+1
    Derf
  • I have an Amazon card that came originally through GE/Capital then later Synchrony. It's subsidiary, Synchrony Bank, is well known to people who chase CD rates as they are usually a contender in the last three or four highest.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.