Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

KKR To Buy WebMD For $2.8 Billion

FYI: (KKR is one of my income stock, that has had some nice capital appreciation in the last year coupled with a 3.52% dividend yield.)
.YTD 25.57%
.1 Year 33.55%
WebMD Health Corp. agreed to be taken private by buyout firm KKR & Co. for about $2.8 billion, five months after hiring bankers to explore a possible sale.

Stockholders of the online health information company will receive $66.50 a share in cash, according to a statement Monday. The price is 20 percent more than Friday’s closing level and 29 percent higher than where the shares traded in mid-February, when New York-based WebMD hired JPMorgan Chase & Co. to review strategic alternatives.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-24/webmd-agrees-to-be-bought-by-buyout-firm-kkr-for-2-8-billion

Comments

• I have no stats to back up my opinion, yet I wonder if this is not an example of the disappearance of another small cap from the investable universe. Two places where I shop, Panera and Whole Foods, are being bought. Probably should follow Ted's example into private equity, the K-1 forms be damned.
  • @BenWP: The K-1 forms are well worth the effort especially when I have my tax accountant handle them. In addition to KKR, I own BK with a 6.25% yield and appreciation of YTD 27.88% and 1 year of 24.92%, and APO with a 7.05% yield and YTD return of 43.90% 1 year 66.83%
    Regards,
    Ted