Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bespoke France, Germany Test Multi-Year Highs

FYI: France’s CAC 40 (it’s most widely followed equity index) gained 4.14% today (in local currency), which was its biggest one-day gain since August 2015. Below is a chart of the CAC 40 over the last four years. While the index was set to close at a new 4-year high today when we got into the office early this morning, it actually closed the day at 5,268.86, which is just 0.05 points below its closing high of 5,268.91 reached on April 27th, 2015! French investors will have to wait at least one more day for a new closing high.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.bespokepremium.com/think-big-blog/france-germany-test-multi-year-highs/

Comments

• @TED: This comment could be in reference to any link you've recently posted to a "Bespoke" article. A check of their main site reveals an array of "products" that would all devour a lot of your valuable money. Maybe others could make a smell test and say what they think and whether the links are worthwhile. It doesn't pass my smell test.
  • TedTed
    edited April 2017
    @BenWP: Bespoke is considered one of the best sources of market and stock information on Wall St. I only link their free info, and like many other financial websites they have some material for free along with a premium package for a fee. Granted much of the data is short term in nature, however; might I suggest you put a cloths pin on your nose and continue reading their links. Here is a relink of the Barron's interview Pual Hickey and Justin Walters Bespoke founders. (Click On Article Title At Top Of Google Search) "Another Year of Double-Digit Gains"
    https://www.google.com/#q=Another+Year+of+Double-Digit+Gains+Barron's

Regards,
    Ted