Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

GQG Partners Emerging Markets (GQGPX) - thoughts?

Intrigued by the mention of this new fund in January's newsletter. Any one who has followed Rajiv Jain or his previous fund, Virtus Emerging Markets, have any thoughts on it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hard to get much information. M* indicates it has 20 million in assets, but that you can't buy the fund anywhere yet.

• Scott Blankenship, who is responsible for the firm’s sales and distribution of products offered through financial intermediaries, says that the fund will be available at all major brokerages but that "will take weeks and maybe months." Schwab might be first in line, he said. The fund is registered in all 50 states. GQG has no documents available on its site as of yet for downloading account applications or related forms, but you can receive them through their distributor SEI by calling 866-362-8333 and have them emailed if you want to buy the fund directly from them. Best.
  • For what interest it holds, Mr. Jain and I are talking mid-month. At the very least, we'll run an Elevator Talk feature in February.

With luck, I'll catch up with Paul Espinosa of Seafarer Value later this month and do an Elevator Talk on that fund for our March issue.

If I hear anything particularly intriguing, I'll be sure to share with the board just after the conversation.

David