Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

MFO Ratings Posted Thru September '16 ... 3rd Quarter

edited October 2016 in MFO Premium
All ratings have been updated on MFO Premium site, including MultiSearch, Great Owls, Fund Alarm (Three Alarm and Honor Roll), Averages, Correlation, Dashboard of Profiled Funds, and Fund Family Scorecard.

Dodge & Cox Balanced (DODBX) is back on the Honor Roll. The only D&C fund to do so.

Fairholme Fund (FAIRX) remains on the Three Alarm list ... still in the dog house. As is Sequoia Fund (SEQUX).

Vanguard has 31 Great Owl funds! Can you believe that?! Fidelity has 23. T Rowe Price has 20.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    ARTWX - WTF is wrong with it I don't get. I think it is worst fund YTD in World Stock category. I would have thought it was 3-alarm already.

Marc Yockey has been lame for a while now. I had surmised ARTHX and ARTGX were started to distract people from his ARTIX performance. Now things catching up with him on all fronts. His international picks are sucking wind. Does not help that ARTGX has almost 80% in international.

What is distressing is seeing RWGFX on the list. FAIRX I don't mind.

• Does not help that ARTGX has almost 80% in international.

Where are you getting that ARTGX has almost 80% in international?

Mona

• Schwab has it 56% USA.
    Derf
  • edited October 2016
    heezsafe said:
    Correct. Sorry. ARTWX.

I own all Artisan funds except the emerging markets ones in my Fido portfolio. Not reinvesting dividends and prudent trimming has generally worked out for me with my Artisan holdings. Patiently waiting to purchase more shares of the funds. Its just that Yockey's been bothering me for a while. Some people don't have to wait till they are 65 to retire (e.g. Nicolas Cage, Denzel Washington). It's okay to go away. I'm wondering if Yockey belongs to that club.

A man's got to know his limitations. Even Peter Lynch sorta "went away" I think. Artisan needs to poach some international managers.
  • Switched from ARTHX to ARTRX about 18 months ago when I thought Yockey's fund was flagging and I am very happy I did.
  • Yesterday Chip posted the ratings on Search Tools page. We post the legacy ratings quarterly on the main site.
  • ARTWX - WTF is wrong with it I don't get. I think it is worst fund YTD in World Stock category. I would have thought it was 3-alarm already.

Marc Yockey has been lame for a while now. I had surmised ARTHX and ARTGX were started to distract people from his ARTIX performance. Now things catching up with him on all fronts. His international picks are sucking wind. Does not help that ARTGX has almost 80% in international.

What is distressing is seeing RWGFX on the list. FAIRX I don't mind.

FYI - ARTHX was not even Yockey's until he took it over from Barry Dargan in 2013. Yes, I know what M* says, but Yockey was not in charge of the fund prior to Mr. Dargan leaving Artisan.

• Lost confident on Mark Hockey since 2000 and never look back. Large stake in banks took much longer to fully recover. His international fund did well when he can move around with much small asset base. Think he reached his maximum capacity long ago. Today all his funds lagged considerably to the indexes. Artisan International fund is one of the choice in my 401k and I stay away from it.