Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Josh Brown: WTF ! WFC !

FYI: I was going to do my regular linkfest today but it occurred to me that there’s nothing else worth talking about in the wake of yesterday’s bombshell reports about Wells Fargo.
Regards,
Ted
http://thereformedbroker.com/2016/09/09/wtf-wfc/

Comments

• It seems pretty clear why certain groups opposed the mere existence of the recently created Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
  • Same ol' business as usual. The link to the article on executive stock options was also worth clicking on but it just makes you madder.
  • edited September 2016
    I just bought minimum position in WARAX this week. If I had known I wouldn't have. Waiting for the 90 days so I can bail.

When something like this happens, you take chance and do business with another bank (who has not been caught doing anything wrong recently, yet). You must.

Fines will do jack! Cost of doing business. Only individuals collectively can make difference. If we care, we ALL terminate ALL association with WFC. For most, that shouldn't be so hard. Open an account, write check to deposit to new account, close account.

My sis uses WFC brokerage and Bank. For some reason she moved most of her funds to TRP and Vanguard (wonder why, I didn't tell her, maybe older sis is smarter?). I told her to close her WFC account. Either that or I don't want to hear any "financial" complaints about anything from her for rest of my lifel
  • Wells Fargo has been known for dealings like this for a long, long time. However, nobody important wanted to talk about that, especially holier-than-thou Warren Buffett.
  • Old_Joe said:

Wells Fargo has been known for dealings like this for a long, long time. However, nobody important wanted to talk about that, especially holier-than-thou Warren Buffett.

Hypocrite...because "it is not in the interest of shareholders". Not sure if David Winters sold Berkshire Hathaway for something he didn't like them doing. I'm going to take another look at WGRNX.