Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

DoubleLine's Gundlach: 'Rate-Hike Cycle Has Left The Building'

FYI: (The Linkster couldn't agree more) !

Jeffrey Gundlach, chief executive officer at DoubleLine Capital, said on Wednesday that Federal Reserve officials are no longer trying to prepare the markets for rate hikes because they are no longer certain they are going to raise them.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-funds-gundlach-idUSKCN0Z12FK

Comments

• Not sure what his issue is....watching the press conference today, she maintained her position of the Fed being data dependent. If that is the policy, then Jeff will no doubt be disappointed in the absence of a forecast.
  • And Ted....is that a new picture? Who's that guy in the orange shirt sitting next to you?
  • @PressmUP: The guy in the orange is none other than me. ! I though about putting it up when MFO first started, but I didn't want to scare people away ! The guy next to me that I cropped is my son.
  • Fine looking young man...you must be very proud.
  • edited June 2016
    @Ted Nice pic. Crusty Chicago guy that you are ,I thought you might resemble Da Coach !

• @TSP_Transfer- Which picture is the coach?
    :)
  • edited June 2016
    @Old_Joe I think maybe that bottom guy has sent me and others to "the wood shed" several times ?

Mr Gundlach has made the point several times about the Fed moving the goal posts.

Lisa Abramowicz is a Bloomberg Gadfly columnist covering the debt markets.6/14 2016
    OPEN MARKET
    The One Thing the Fed Should Say, But Doesn't

The Fed says its time for the U.S. to have higher rates, yet foreign money keeps flooding into the country as investors seek reprieve from negative-rate policies in Japan and Europe. This has kept American borrowing costs low despite rising U.S. inflation and Fed chatter about lifting benchmarks.
    FED FUTURE
    ...in talking about global risks in their formal statements, although those always seem to be changing. Is China the problem? Is it Brazil? Or is it the concern that Britain may exit the European Union?
    This backdrop paints a picture different from any other in the Fed’s history and calls for a new approach. The U.S. needs to communicate directly to traders and economists how it evaluates global risks and plans to cooperate with other top central bankers, who are engaged in stimulus efforts. It needs to acknowledge that it can’t meaningfully raise rates without some explicit coordination with other central banks around the world.If the Fed tries to go it alone, it risks spurring market turmoil that could derail both the U.S. and global economies. It can't afford to do that right now.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/columnists/AQJIVP98p_c/lisa-abramowicz/articles/2016-06-14/the-one-thing-the-federal-reserve-should-say-but-doesn-t

Mr Gundlach showed a slide in yesterday's presentation concerning rising home safe sales in Japan. How do you say "home safe" in German ?