Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Did Yahoo's mutual fund info just get worse?

edited May 2016 in Fund Discussions
Am I missing something or did Yahoo just get a lot worse? Up until today, you could click on "performance" and get a fund's year by year performance right back to the fund's inception. Now that all seems to be missing. Are they just temporarily messing around with things or is that gone for good? Where else can I easily find that info?

Comments

• May have been temporarily missing. Works for me.

But all the comparison columns - Category, Index, Difference - are N/A. Might be in the process of coming back online?
  • Looks like it was temporary.
  • Brings up a good question...I have used Yahoo Finance's portfolios for decades to keep my daily portfolio values. I have noticed a degradation in response time and message board quality and other stuff over the last year. Anybody know of a service that is better than yahoo? I prefer not to log into my brokerage account unless necessary.
  • edited May 2016
    Maybe Warren Buffet to the rescue?
    Warren Buffet-Backed Group In Bid For Yahoo
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/14/technology/yahoo-sale-buffett/
  • @Hank - Warren Buffett has a reputation for hands off ownership.
  • edited May 2016
    Mark said:

@Hank - Warren Buffett has a reputation for hands off ownership.

@Mark, But he'd have a good laugh if he could get a peek at our holdings.:)