Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Closing Bell: Stocks Mixed Ahead Of Apple Earnings, Fed Decision

Comments

• It's early but Apple has been taken to the wood shed for a beat down in after hours trading (down 8%). I might have to scrounge up some fun money if this continues.
  • @Mark: :I agree, APPL is a screaming buy ! Now, what can I sell to raise some cash ?
    Regards,
    Ted
  • If you connect the dots to it's falling trend, AAPL will fall below 90. I don't see it as a buy right now.

• Apple took a more than $40 billion hit today after reporting its second-quarter earnings — and it was bleak. Shares of Apple were down more than 8 percent in after-hours trading at one point today.
    Why Apple’s stock fell off a cliff today
    Posted 4 hours ago by Matthew Lynley © 2013-2016 AOL Inc. All rights reserved.
    What all this means
    All this, taken together, represents a huge miss for Apple. This is a company that has shown Wall Street time and time again that it is one of the strongest growth drivers in the world. And now, for the first time in 13 years, Apple is showing that its growth engine is slowing down.
    Wall Street rewards profitability, it rewards companies when they beat expectations. But for massive companies like Apple, growth is everything — and Apple is showing that it just isn’t growing any more for the time being. So all Apple’s new products and search for new innovations for its existing ones all make new sense: people are buying fewer phones, fewer tablets than they used to, and Apple needs to find new ways to continue to grow.
    Slideshow Topics
    Apple amasses an even greater cash pile
    Apple services revenue continues to grow, Apple Music hits 13 million subscribers
    Apple's "other products" also drops quarter-over-quarter
    The Mac fails to deliver
    The iPad shows surprise strength
    Apple once again posts weak guidance numbers
    Greater China drops off a cliff
    Apple's stock tanks
    As a result of all this, Apple shares are down more than 8 percent in extended trading. Investors are punishing the company for showing that it is no longer able to continue to grow at the significant rate (since iPhone intro)
    But iPhone sales are down significantly from the year ago
    The iPhone beats expectations — but only barely
    Apple's revenue drops for the first time in 13 years
    http://techcrunch.com/gallery/everything-you-need-to-know-about-apples-second-quarter-results/slide/1/