Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

FPACX and OAKBX

Since I hold both OAKBX and FPACX in retirement accounts I have been looking at replacements. I like GAVIX and FPURX . Any other suggestions from those of you that have sold or recommend selling?

Comments

• I endorse GLRBX, JABAX (especially this one), and MAPOX. Am slowly and nervously partly transitioning to DSENX / PONDX 60-40.
  • edited April 2016
    Hi Art....I recently sold FPACX in both my taxable and tax-advantaged accounts. In the IRA, I've replaced it with VWINX...which is now my largest holding in that account as I swapped BERIX earlier for VWINX. For a conservative allocation fund, I've simply not found too many which can compete over a long term with little commotion. However, I prefer allocation funds which pay their way via a quarterly distribution, so this is an influence for me.
  • I used to own FPACX and, longer ago, OAKBX. My allocation funds now are BRUFX and DSENX. I dabble in CAPE, trying to make a few bucks trading. Every time I take a look at DSENX, I feel good about my decision to buy and add to it, but I couldn't explain intelligently how the fund does its thing or by what benchmark to measure it.
  • @Art
    I agree with PRESSmUP that VWINX/VWIAX should be the core, and one may dial up the equity exposure as needed with ETFs like VYM and SPHD.

Kevin