Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Problem With Private-Equity Funds for The Masses

FYI: (Click On Article title At Top Of Doogle Search)
In theory, at least, making private-equity funds available to a broader group of investors sounds like a noble idea.

Right now, these funds are mostly the province of institutional investors or very well-heeled retail clients. But “people are going to keep trying to come up with ways to do” private equity for a larger investing base, says Josh Charlson, director of alternative strategy research at Morningstar. “It’s such a desired asset class and return profile
Regards,
Ted
https://www.google.com/#q=The+Problem+With+Private-+Equity+Funds+for+the+Masses+Barron's

Comments

• I found this article strange in that it does not mention buying the stocks of p-e funds like Blackstone, which to me is just like buying a fund.
  • edited March 2016
    I use LPEFX to gain exposure to private equity; and, I hold this fund in the specialty / theme sleeve found in growth area of my portfolio. My historical annualized return since I purchased the fund in September of 2011 has been about 12.50% and my total return in the fund has been better than 70%. For me, it is a keeper plus it sports an income yield of about 4.5% on amount invested. Over time, I plan to keep adding to the position.