Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Beta Yahoo Finance

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Maurice said:

The beta site just popped up for me, when trying to access the regular site. Not sure how long it will be up.

One thing I notice is that they combine the search engine for news long with the quotes. I don't particularly like that. Bond yields, oil price and gold price are no longer on the page. The top of the screen keeps taking up more of my screen's real estate on my tiny 14 inch laptop. Needless to say, I don't like either. Seems to be more clutter and less useful information. Bottomline is that I don't like it. That probably means these changes will be adopted. What is your opinion?

Yahoo Finance is one of my primary "go to" financial sites for news and market data. Anyone else rely on this site?

Maurice,

Try History > Clear Recent History > Clear Now. It should revert.

Mona
  • Dreadful format on the beta site. A simpler solution is just to edit the web address to delete the word "beta".
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Maurice said:

@Mona

I'd have to login again to MFO.:)

Seriously, I'm logging off for the evening. My browser clears everything when I shut Firefox down. I'll see what comes up tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

Maurice,

I too use Firefox and when I have the issue you had, I clear the history out and immediately Yahoo Finance reverts back. I gather my browser also clears everything out when I shut down Firefox, but I never took this route to get rid of the awful beta site.

Mona

• The user and all related content has been deleted.