Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Top Cuban general, key forces in Syria to aid Assad, Russia, sources say

Dex
edited October 2015 in Off-Topic
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/10/14/cuban-military-forces-deployed-to-syria-to-operate-russian-tanks-say-sources/

I'm at a loss for words. Is the USA on the right side in Syria?

When the USA took sides at the beginning against Asad, I thought we should stay out of it. I never believed that bromide:
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The enemy of my enemy can also be my enemy.

Please explain to me what is going on.

Comments

• FYI - I flagged this to get it moved to off topic.
  • Just click on the cog wheel at the upper right, select "edit", and do it yourself.
  • "I thought we should stay out of it."

So did I, and if you recall, we pretty much did stay out of it, for which our president was loudly called a moron, a coward, a Muslim agent and accused of deliberately selling out and crippling the power of the United States by Senator McCain and some of our other friends on the right.

It was only after the advent of ISIS that we became involved in Syria, and that only to a relatively minor extent.
  • Dex
    edited October 2015
    Old_Joe said:

"I thought we should stay out of it."

So did I, and if you recall, we pretty much did stay out of it, for which our president was loudly called a moron, a coward, a Muslim agent and accused of deliberately selling out and crippling the power of the United States by Senator McCain and some of our other friends on the right.

It was only after the advent of ISIS that we became involved in Syria, and that only to a relatively minor extent.

I think we should have left Kadafi, Husain and Asad alone. They kept the lid on the boiling pot. It was naive thinking that peace and democracy would break out with them gone. Fortunately, Egypt hasn't broken up. I'm wondering where is next? Yeman is breaking up.
    I read a news report that in Saudi Araba there have been suicide bombers in mosques. I don't know how Jordan has been staying so peaceful.

Nothing we can do now except watch it happen and watch the refugees flood into Europe and the US.

It should be really interesting when Iran gets the bomb.

Fun times.