Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Let me know how it ends.
    Derf
  • edited September 2015
    I'd say in regards to an EMP, perhaps Generac (GNRC), although 1) not sure how gas powered generators will fare in an EMP and 2) If there is an EMP, I think stock investments are the least of anyone's concerns. Hopefully at least the acting will be better than that "Revolution" show from a few years ago.
  • Well, I guess this gives me another excuse to tell my wife about why I am keeping our 1989 Toyota pick up....I don't think there is a computer chip anywhere on it!!
  • Hi @davfor
    Agree...........but, the truck still has solid-state devices for ignition system and related.
    Regards,
    Catch
  • edited September 2015
    And where would you drive to? Keeping in mind you won't be able to get gas.

press
  • @catch22 and @PRESSmUP So, maybe I need to get that '56 t bird my wife likes and a 500 gallon gas storage tank. We'll still want to get out to our beach cabin once in a while!
  • beebee
    edited September 2015
    I believe Diesel pre-'94 would fire up...no coil for ignition, just compression.
  • Back to bicycles... probably best to go for a "bicycle built for two" so as to provide a seat for your rear tailgunner, who will need to shoot a lot of unfriendly people who would otherwise kill you and steal your bicycle. You'll need a handlebar basket too, to transport your gold bullion.
  • edited September 2015
    Old_Joe said:

Back to bicycles... probably best to go for a "bicycle built for two" so as to provide a seat for your rear tailgunner, who will need to shoot a lot of unfriendly people who would otherwise kill you and steal your bicycle. You'll need a handlebar basket too, to transport your gold bullion.

The animals may get to the bikes first.