Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The world lost 66 billionaires in the past 8 days from the market melt.....

Comments

• @catch22: How interesting !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • "Sorry, for those "here" affected by this circumstance. "

Thanks Catch. I feel better now.
  • Wonder how many Thousandaires?
  • Another set of math comparisons:

A billionaire's 10% loss equates to $100 M or,
    -the net worth of 100 millionaires...yow-ouch!

A millionaire's 10% loss equates to $100K or.
    -the net worth 100 thousandaires...ouch!

A thousandaires 10% loss equates to $100 or,
    -the net worth of millions 26 year olds (or younger)

Nice to feel young again!
  • edited August 2015
    @Old_Joe
    Well, I know you're better with your picks than many; so your portfolio will remain in the upper 15th percentile when viewed against all category averages at M*. Tis where we find ourselves, so not too disappointed; although I never like to give back money.
    @bee
    The part about the "Thousandaires" bothers me to the extent of folks leaving the equity markets again at perhaps the wrong time; and/or no re-entry. There is already monies leaving from drawdowns by the older "boomers". Just don't know if this "correction" is a burp from the big profiteers or "other". I watched too much of the other for several months before selling in mid-2008. Not a fun situation to view, eh?
    IMO, the economies are not in the same place as 2007.
    And the young ones shaking their heads again..................

Take care of yourselves,
    Catch