Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Biotech: Upside From Here?

FYI: Biotech shares outperformed the overall U.S. market by a wide margin in 2014, with the Nasdaq Biotechnology Index rising nearly 35%, versus 13.69% for the S&P 500® Index. That trend continued in the first quarter of 2015, when the biotech index rose 13% while the S&P 500® Index gained a mere 0.95%.

Can biotech maintain its momentum? Or is this a bubble waiting to burst?
Regards,
Ted
https://www.fidelity.com/viewpoints/investing-ideas/biotech-stocks

Comments

• who the heck knows? btw / i hate these kinds of posts from ted. to the extent that they cause short term thinking, which they do, they are worse than useless. and there are far too many of them. imho:-).
  • TedTed
    edited June 2015
    linter: Upon further review, I have decided to ignore your comment. There is no sense trying to have a dialog with a moron.
  • No doubt you might have a point. Or you might not. Just the same as biotech might be in a bubble. Or might not be.
    In any event, your deleted comment posited the notion that your posts are meant to stimulate thinking, which I'm sure you think is the case. Sadly, for the most part, they stimulate about as much thinking as anything Kramer has to say (again: imo,:-)). A majority of them -- notice the moron did not say all of them -- are simply about button pushing and generating an immediate emotional response from the reader. David's monthly commentaries, by contrast, do generate thought and are well worth reading. Night n day.
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to slap on my helmet and get back to work, under supervision, of course, as befits someone whose IQ is clearly just about the same as his age, if not less.
  • @linter: Wipe that smile off your face !
    Regards,
    Ted