Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

After Hours: Linkedin Annihilated, Visa Beat, Gilead Enormous Beat, AIG Beat

edited April 2015 in Off-Topic
The social media obliteration continues - LNKD is down 20%. Yelp also down nearly 25% today after earnings.
V beats by a penny, -1.5%
GILD beats by 62 cents a share and $680M in rev, +1.5%, declares first quarterly dividend, raises guidance on product sales.
AIG beats by three cents, up about 1%.

Comments

• It seems that when this market starts to swoon the first stocks out are the ones with no solid product or any visible type of production. The social media stocks fit the bill. Were they just investor gambles to begin with?
  • edited April 2015
    Ummm, lessee now... "investor gambles" you say??? Hmmm...
  • @Old_Joe, that's why I haven't invested in these kind of companies. Social media has its place but is it worth investing in compared to a company that produces something everyone wants? It is like investing in an idea, not a product.

Besides I'm too old for this kind of thing anyway.
  • @JohnChisum- me too...me too...