Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Barry Ritholtz: Bull vs. Bear Debate: Is Biotech Is In A Bubble?

Comments

• After watching '60-minutes' last night I'm looking to invest in polio virus futures.
  • I continue to think large cap biotech is either not expensive or - in the case of GILD - cheap. I do look at a number of names that have run up on the *promise* of their pipeline that may be in stage 1 or 2 of testing and some of those seem excessively valued, but if they actually are successful that's a whole other story. I've attempted to research more into biotech and healthcare lately vs just saying, "healthcare is best left up to a fund" and I think it's an incredibly exciting time in the industry. Therefore, I'm willing to continue to make bets, at least selectively.
  • After watching "60 Minutes" last night, I have to think the best is yet to come in cancer research and HC on the whole. Here's a link to background on the show and what docs at Duke have achieved.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/using-polio-to-kill-cancer-60-minutes/