Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

September Commentary

edited September 2014 in Off-Topic
Problem with education at all levels:

As a concerned taxpayer:

IMHO when government student loans were conceived it was a means that had long term implications far beyond the original intent. It bothers me that so many cockroach schools are taking government money without any accountability.

It is the dumbing down of America.

I deserve it.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2014
    dunning

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning_(process)

Sorry I too, am a product of the public school system.
  • It is "dumbing", and "with out" should actually be "without". Considering the shortness of the post it certainly validates the idea that there is a "problem with education at all levels".
  • Not that I'm biased or anything, but a frightening lot of the for-profit colleges seem to exist exclusively to make a quick profit. Both the recruiting techniques and retention data are horrendous.

David
  • REGARDING THE ARTICLE ON: SHORT TERM HIGH YIELD INCOME.
    WHY NOT JUST INVEST IN THE BENCHMARK VWEHX? WHY BOTHER WITH THE REST.
  • Fyi, Soviero's name spelling has a flip in the commentary, if anyone was going to google him to find out more.
  • VWEHX is not a short-term fund. It's the index fund representative of the HY peer group to which they're assigned. The Vanguard fund, like the majority of the peer group is intermediate term and far more volatile than the STHY funds we profile.

David
  • Fyi, Soviero's name spelling has a flip in the commentary, if anyone was going to google him to find out more.

That's all fixed up, now.