Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Did I get censored or was there a blip?

2»

Comments

• chip said:

Well Accipiter, we need to sensitize you to be more diverse in your thinking. Have you heard of Speciesism?

"The term is mostly used by animal rights advocates, who argue that speciesism is a prejudice similar to racism or se_ism, in that the treatment of individuals is predicated on group membership and morally irrelevant physical differences."

Speciesism revealed

All species have the right to vote, own property, not be the food of any other species, have copyright protection, the right to consent to marriage (both intra and inter-species) and take advantage legal tax loopholes. Remember they are never our pets or owned by us. It's right there in the 14th amendment. Join our movement Accipiter.

peta.org/

I'm going to go eat a vegan burger.

Not completely without reasoning: Animal Liberation by Peter Singer, perhaps the world's best known living philosopher, and a leading voice of the ethical school of Consequentialism. Aside from being a proponent of massive wealth redistribution of the sort that probably would make some heads here explode, the bastard almost single-handedly made me give up my graduate work in ethics.

I ate some burgers of the non-vegan sort instead.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.