Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ben Carlson: That Time A U.S. Senator Tried To Actually Me

FYI: This was a tweet sent by a Senator from Wisconsin in response to a piece I wrote for Bloomberg this week about a bill she proposed to ban share buybacks.
Regards,
Ted
http://awealthofcommonsense.com/2018/03/that-time-a-u-s-senator-tried-to-actually-me/

Comments

• Interesting. From the article:
    "Two-thirds of all workers aren’t putting any money into an employer-sponsored retirement plan." Disappointing but not a big surprise.

And also: "The biggest reason for this is many simply don’t have access. One study found that just 14% of employers across the country even offer their employees access to a retirement plan (per Bloomberg)." This caught me flat-footed. 14% seems awfully low.

However I would also argue that many don't contribute because they simply don't make enough money or have any left after all the bills get paid. Something is really messed up.
  • I disagree with his dichotomy. I should think there's a way to incentivize raising wages.