Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Suggestions For Fido Bond Funds

My mom is freaked out by the market volatility this year and wants to take some money out of some of her Fido equity funds and put it into one or two Fido bond funds. She's looking for Fido bond funds with large dividends and seems to want to park her funds into these bond funds for many years.

I have some ideas of high dividend Fido bond funds that she could put her money into but I would also like suggestions from this board. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Comments

• TedTed
    edited March 2018
    @PopTart: Here are my suggestions.
    Regards,
    Ted
    1. FTBFX
    2. FFRHX
    3. FTABX
  • If she's really going to park it and not look, I've always been a fan of FAGIX and FSICX, though they're probably not low-freakout. There's SPHIX too, of course, of somewhat less appeal.
  • I know you asked for Fido funds but honestly I'd suggest PONAX for the managers and double the yield of FTBFX.
  • Thanks for the many suggestions! I'll go through these suggestions later this week and show them to my mom.
  • beebee
    edited March 2018
    Allocation funds on the conservative side:
    FCONX
    FTANX
  • Thanks bee.
  • If she wants to eliminate volatility or risk of principle loss with some of her money you may want to talk with her about CDs. I believe they may do better than bond funds "for many years" going forward as you stated. Below I attached a link to Bankrate.com, but I'm sure you can build a ladder within Fidelity also. I know you can at Schwab.

https://www.bankrate.com/landing/cd-rates/?pid=semgdtexactbankrate&ttcid=bankrate|c|kwd-12967706|g|9005663&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uzVBRDkARIsALkZAdn4hufz7A77qdsYgiOvc9oacUFBCfBqIzzxk2D533ZPnOTKMsgzNYIaAtIXEALw_wcB
  • Thanks MikeM. CD's are an option that I've brought up with her. Thanks for the link, I'll show it to her.