Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Larry Swedroe: Active Fails In Fixed Income

FYI: There is a myth that active bond fund managers want and need you to believe. It goes something like this: “Sure, active stock picking isn’t likely to work, but in fixed income, active management really shines.” This is a strange argument to make, because:
Regards,
Ted
http://www.etf.com/sections/index-investor-corner/swedroe-active-fails-fixed-income?nopaging=1

Comments

• Am I the only one who is pissed off at this article? Grrrrr....I guess what I should expect from a high priest of Boglism.
  • I also think Mr/ Swedroe is wrong though he is correct by his definition .My definition of outperformance is outperforming. I don't want to increase credit risk or duration as I am not smart/knowledgeable enough I want my manager to do that and if his(or her) bond selection is not great but the fund manger gets credit risk and duration correct I say bravo and pocket the money left on the table by the purchaser of the bond index