Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

State Pensions And Fund Companies Feel Heat Over Their Gun Stock Investments

FYI: (This is a follow-up to Hank's link on the subject.)
A fresh wave of scrutiny is washing over big state employee pension funds and money managers that invest in shares of gun makers one week after the deadly shootings in a Florida high school.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/state-pensions-and-fund-companies-feel-heat-over-their-gun-stock-investments.html

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Here’s my earlier link & excerpt. Hope this avoids having 2 different threads on essentially the same subject.

Question for those in the know - What’s the easiest way to dig up a list of mutual funds with investments in American Outdoor Brands (alias Smith & Wesson). I’d sure like to see it.

One more note: I’m not against guns. Heck, some of my happiest memories as a teen go back to tromping through northern Michigan’s woods in October with my high school buddy after school, usually on Fridays, trying to bag a bird or rabbit with the single-shot 16 gage shotgun my pop gave me on my 16th birthday. Good healthy sport. But the nonsense going on in this country has to stop. Whatever it takes!

“Florida teachers reacted viscerally to news that they've been paying into a retirement fund that invests in gun companies, including the maker of an assault rifle used to kill 17 Parkland high school students and educators last week. They demanded Wednesday night that the state agency that manages the fund divest of those stocks immediately. The state pension plan for Florida teachers held 41,129 shares in American Outdoor Brands Co., formerly known as Smith & Wesson ...” http://snewsi.com/id/18169948123
  • edited February 2018
    @hank
    Here's a start....gotta go to a concert.
    Scroll down to ownership, top 5; just below this list is a "show more", click this for 20.
    Other "click" choices to the right of the word "ownership", too.
    I'm sure there is another method with a search of AOBC for the data noted.

http://www.morningstar.com/stocks/XNAS/AOBC/quote.html
  • I agree with your comments Hank and could have written the same only not as well. One thing that struck me was an NRA info source who stated that the AR15 was developed specifically for hunting. Must have meant people hunting as I've never seen an animal hunter carrying one and I've been at this almost 50 years.
  • Wow, a 30 rounds clip will ensure dinner on the table! How about a small nuke?
  • THEY are desperate to disarm all the good people in the country and render them defenseless.
  • edited February 2018
    @lanterland There will always be a "THEY." It is whoever one hates at the moment. What humanity desperately needs is a WE.
  • THEY are the owners of the US mass media. THEY have an agenda and they lie about everything.
  • Of course YOU don't have an agenda and YOU never lie about anything. God been talking to you again, or just Rush? Probably one and the same in a mind like yours.