Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Tempted to buy this dip? You might not be after reading this dire prediction

Hussman: Future generations will look back on this moment and say, ‘… and this is where they completely lost their minds’

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tempted-to-buy-this-dip-you-might-not-be-after-reading-this-dire-prediction-2018-01-30?siteid=nwhfunds

Comments

• :):):) Hussman? We should take investing advise from John Hussman?

• edited February 2018
    One of these days Mr. Hussman will be right. But, look how many times his forecast have failed ... from my memory ... a good number. Currently, I have no plans to buy this dip. Now, if this dip developes into something more ... then I'll do some pondering.
  • @MFO Members: A stopped watch is right twice a day!
    Regards,
    Ted:)
  • edited February 2018
    Had to chuckle couple days ago watching Bloomberg when a woman, young enough to be my granddaughter, called it “a good day to buy the dip.”

When pundits stop saying “buy the dip” ... buy the dip.
  • @hank, I wonder if the Bloomberg lady is aware of the phrase, catch a falling knife. I won't be putting new cash to work at this point. It will be interesting to read the buy-sell-ponder post this month to see if I'm in the minority on that thought.
  • One could hedge by buying the recent upturn in HDGE. Its expense ratio is outrageous, but it's doing what it's supposed to.