Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fidelity Moves Brian Hogan Out Of Equity Division

FYI: The president of Fidelity Investments’ equity division is moving to a new role within the fund giant’s personal investing business later this quarter, leaving a post he has held since 2009.

Brian Hogan most recently led equity and high-income investing within the asset-management unit at Boston-based Fidelity. In his new role, he will be head of investment solutions and innovation within the company’s personal-investing unit, a Fidelity spokesman confirmed. The personal investing unit houses Fidelity’s brokerage platform, individual retirement accounts and other services for retail investors.

Mr. Hogan joined Fidelity in 1994 as a bond analyst. In 1998, he joined the stock picking unit and has held a number of roles including senior vice president of equity research. The equity division has faced scrutiny in recent months after The Wall Street Journal reported on a high-level firing there and allegations of sexual harassment.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.cetusnews.com/business/Fidelity-Moves-Brian-Hogan-Out-of-Equity-Division.rJANAA5Xf.html

Comments

• Ass a FIdo investor I hope this is good news for me but I truly have no idea how to evaluate this news item. I hope someone can add insight