Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Josh Brown: Three Things That Will Never Change In Wealth Management

FYI: I think there are three big ideas in the wealth management industry that will never change. There may be others, but to me, these are the big three.
Regards,
Ted
http://thereformedbroker.com/2017/12/27/three-things-that-will-never-change-in-wealth-management-2/

Comments

• Not very profound or useful
  • edited December 2017
    @jerry, I’d agree on the last 2 items. Not very profound. Rate them both “Duh.” His first offering, however, is somewhat provocative: “Financial advice is the only business where you are better off giving customers what they need versus what they want”.

Learned in taking T/F tests that when you encounter a statement containing a word like “only” or “always” you’re best off marking it false. My thinking here is that there are many endeavors where one is better off giving the customer what he needs rather than what he wants. Law enforcement, medicine and education come to mind. Probably many others.

And based on the exhorbitant fees charged by some financial principals (including some fund companies) along with a flotilla of “suspect” product offerings it seems to me many haven’t really bought into the idea that they’d be better off giving the customer what he needs.
  • ?
    Always look both ways crossing the street, or reading articles. Always wear a seatbelt. Draw your sword only when you intend to use it. Yes, first sentence is stupid.