Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard Alternative Strategies Fund (Investor class) in registration

Comments

• I'd be very interested in this fund whenever it is public as a low-cost alternative to some of AQR's alternative investments funds.
  • 250 K minimum ??
    Derf
  • It looks like VASFX has been trading for a few years now, and it hasn't performed well. But I am likely missing something here.
  • edited December 2017
    There is some type of change to the fund, but I am unsure what the change is. The filing does not make it obvious what the change is.

Whatever the change is will be effective 2/22/18. The filing has something to do with "merged filing".

I just found this line from the filing:

"Related Performance

Previously, the advisor managed an account (“Related Account”) with investment objectives, policies, and strategies that were substantially similar to those of the Fund. The Related Account ceased operations on July 31, 2015. The Related Account, however, was not subject to the investment limitations, diversification requirements, and other restrictions of the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Internal Revenue Code..."

Possibly, that is why this is a new filing