Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ray Dalio: Let The Best Ideas Win: Video Presentation

FYI: Ray Dalio is the founder, chair and co-chief investment officer of Bridgewater Associates, a global leader in institutional portfolio management and the largest hedge fund in the world.

What if you knew what your coworkers really thought about you and what they were really like? Ray Dalio makes the business case for using radical transparency and algorithmic decision-making to create an idea meritocracy where people can speak up and say what they really think — even calling out the boss is fair game. Learn more about how these strategies helped Dalio create one of the world’s most successful hedge funds and how you might harness the power of data-driven group decision-making.

This talk was presented at an official TED conference, and was featured by our editors on the home page.
Regards,
Ted
http://ritholtz.com/2017/11/ray-dalio-let-best-ideas-win/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheBigPicture+(The+Big+Picture)

Comments

• @ Ted: Well, it is interesting.
    I pretty much knew what my co-workers/colleagues thought about me for 30+yrs. Not being a "boss" probably made it less attractive/amusing for them. (Of course, it was not a "business case", merely scientific/engineering view of a perceived mildly intrusive outsider, in a rather different environment.) As I said -- interesting/amusing. Being a lone female engineer was probably as interesting as being a lone female hedge-fund evaluator in some ways, less so in others.

Thanx