Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

In A World...

beebee
edited October 2017 in Off-Topic
Just wanted to take a break from funds and the market and share a story.

I was 26 when I came across this 27 year old beauty. I bought her back in 1986...the same year my daughter was born. She needed some cosmetic encouragement, but in a world of fast money and faster cars it reminds me that I was part of a slower time. Three on the tree...flat head 6...integrated manifold...no oil filter...simplicity to say the least.

I hope some of you can appreciate the contribution of the American Rambler:

Comments

• ... and open the vent windows all the way (as shown) for air conditioning. With today's aluminum alloy wheels, we could use curb feelers again.
  • Still see these really cool classic cars in Pacific Northwest. Where can they find parts to maintain these cars?
  • edited October 2017
    That's a sweet one, Bee. My '87 Toyota p/u turns 30 on Halloween. I'd pay up for a new one just like it (well, maybe a hybrid gas-elec this time), and be good on motor vehicles for the rest of my days -- but they stopped selling anything similar in this country more than a decade ago.

Odd, I do see a lot of newer ones of the old, smaller body type on news clips from Iraq, Libya, and Afghanistan.
  • edited October 2017
    That’s a beaut @bee!

George Romney was one of our better Governors (‘63-‘69) back when Michigan was a pretty progressive state. Head of AMC. previously, and widely credited with turning the company around. Looks like it worked from that car.

Thanks for sharing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It certainly does!
  • beebee
    edited October 2017
    Thanks...nice curves from behind as well:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing bee. c
  • edited October 2017
    Actually, a fair number of things have nice curves from behind...

(You set that one up and you know it!) :)