Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard Withheld Support For Key Wells Fargo Directors

FYI: Vanguard Group, one of the world’s biggest fund managers, voted against three directors at Wells Fargo & Co this year, including Chairman Stephen Sanger, according to U.S. filings, a rare rebuke from the bank’s second-largest shareholder.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-wellsfargo-accounts-vanguard-idUSKCN1BB33D?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+reuters/businessNews+(Business+News)

Comments

• Yay Vanguard.
  • It is about time. What about other institutional investors such as Blackrock?

• Good to see. Long over due, but not surprised that Vanguard is the first prominent player to do so.
  • @rforno Actually, yes it is surprising. Historically, Vanguard has a poor record when it comes to these proxy votes. So this is a positive sign.
  • Or a negative sign - that WF was so bad that not even Vanguard could stomach all of it.

"Vanguard funds supported 12 of 15 Wells Fargo directors on the ballot, and backed the company’s management on all nine shareholder proposals up for a vote at the April meeting. "

Is the glass 80% (12/15) empty or 20% (3/15) full? Compare Vanguard with American Fund's "Income Fund of America, which did not support nine of 15 directors."

I suppose that's still better than 100% empty.
  • I read today that WFC dropped and addition $3+million into the pot as they were a little short on the number of people they used !
    Have a great weekend, Derf
  • If all of this activity isn't sufficient justification for breaking the bank up, what is?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Amen. Or is it hallelujah. I can never remember.