Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Berkshire Hathaway Hits Another Grandslam Homerun

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TedTed
    edited August 2017
    @Maurice: I believe if spent a little more time reading the stories that have already been linked, instead of slapping tabloid NY Post sneakers stories, you wouldn't run into this problem and embarrass yourself ! Ted 52 Reads-Maurice 29 ! You lose !!!
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Maurice -- you can't win.
    None of us can win.
    Only Ted can win... that's just how it is
    Lets face it.....
  • edited August 2017
    Thanks @Maurice for posting this.

"Buffett’s firm pulled the trigger on a 2011 options deal that lets it buy 700 million shares — at a 70 percent discount to its share price — all for bailing out the bank when it was facing questions about its soundness."

Note that Buffett was patient and waited 6 years for his bet to pay off. And note that he invested in the bank when many considered it a "falling knife" and were fleeing. But Buffet's patience paid off and he gets the last laugh.

I saw him on Bloomberg today and, although he's 15-20 years older than me, he appears to have more energy. Yikes. All that CocaCola I guess.:)
  • @icyone: Its not a questing of winning, its about common courtesy of not stepping on someone's toes. I brought the BAC story to the MFO Board some twenty-four hours before Maurice, lets stick with the facts.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Great posting on Warren Buffett and Bank of America. I recall one of his investment philosophy is buy great stock at a right price and hold on to it forever.

Along the way he also made many mistakes that did not fare well including IBM and Wells Fargo.
  • "Its not a questing of winning"

But @Ted- Just the other day you said:

"@Maurice: Guess what ? I'm winning !
    Regards,
    Ted:(:(:(:(:(:(:( "