Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Will Jeffrey Gundlach's Trump-Like Approach On Twitter Work In Financial Services?

TedTed
edited August 2017 in Fund Discussions
FYI: (This is a follow-up article) (Click On Article Title At Top Of Google Search)

Jeffrey Gundlach's new aggressive Tweeting style has sparked a discussion as to whether it makes sense in the financial services industry.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&q=Will+Jeffrey+Gundlach's+Trump-like+approach+on+Twitter+work+in+financial+services?&oq=Will+Jeffrey+Gundlach's+Trump-like+approach+on+Twitter+work+in+financial+services?&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3490.3490.0.63960.3.2.0.0.0.0.79.142.2.2.0....0...1.2.64.psy-ab..1.1.79.6..35i39k1.lSaHTE5d3Aw

Comments

• edited August 2017
    I think it's farcical and makes him look like a Trump-wannabe, yes. While perhaps acceptable to him in cultivating his image, were I an investor I am always leery of fund managers who work so hard on their PR 'rock star' status and media 'optics' and, performance issues aside, I would be hesitant to throw much if any $$$ at his funds. I like my investments and investment managers to be underspoken and fairly boring. The louder and more brashly unfiltered one talks, the less I tend to listen.

Doing pre-emptive attacks on articles that one simply disagrees with isTrump-like, thin-skinned, and pathetic. Frankly, even without the Trump reference in this story, I think it's thin-skinned & pathetic.
  • Wish he spend his time focus on running the DoubleLine funds instead. Bill Gross went down that path and his funds lagged badly before his departure from Pimco. The flagship fund, Total Return fund, is only performing so so this year.
  • edited August 2017
    "DoubleLine is a very unique firm that is independent and privately held, and Jeffrey is his own man and he speaks his mind," said Loren Fleckenstein, DoubleLine analyst and spokesman.

Just the phrase "very unique" here speaks volumes about arrogance and ignorance.
  • So tired of him. Anything to get personal publicity. Do not even follow his funds anymore.