Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Investing In Developed Markets? Think Small

Comments

• How does one read this and the previous two articles without a Barron's subscription?
  • @Zolta: Buy clicking the link that I posted. It worked for me !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Ted, "'Buy' clicking the link," did you mean buying a subscription?
    Clicking without buying doesn't work for me. Let's simplify the problem:
    just give the symbols for the funds and I can do my own due diligence.
    In addition, I really admire the great amount of work you do for the readers
    here. Thanks,
  • *By* clicking the link I was taken to a Google search page and the top choice was the Barron's article which was accessible with a click.
  • The link works fine for me, Ted. Interesting they mention the DFA fund, but very few individual investors have access to it. We use BISMX in this asset class, but PRIDX has a good option, too. Probably no great reason for most investors to have a holding in this asset class, but might fit those who want a little more kick to the Developed International position.
  • Article grays out.

Funds mentioned:
    TIGAX ("broad all-cap fund")
    DFCSX ("European small-cap exposure")
    TVIVX (is Third Avenue even alive?)
    MISAX ("ranked in top 10% in its category on a five-year basis")
    GVIEX
  • Best place for long-term investors to have an allocation (especially active position) IMO. Over the longer-term I'd expect a premium over broader (cap-weighted) international exposure and its one of the areas where I believe active management can still add significant value. TCMPX is my pick here, and I've been invested basically since inception.