Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

If I transfer PRWCX from Scottrade to Fidelity will I still be able to buy more?

PRWCX is closed to new investors, and I hold some at Scottrade so I can buy more there if I want to. If I transfer it from Scottrade to Fidelity will I still be able to buy more?

Comments

• I would think so, since you will be an existing fund owner. That said you should check with fidelity to be sure
  • I believe the type of transaction you want to execute is called an "in kind" transfer. If both institutions are able to accommodate an "in kind" transfer of PRWCX I believe you will be able to maintain your shares as well as the privileged of buying more if the fund allows present shareholders to add shares.
  • Thanks for the replies.
  • Yes you can. I hold PRWCX in Fidelity and continue to make purchase even the fund is closed.
  • Reinvest, or you can move 5k to Fido and then add 50k?