Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Who said I can't?????

Most know I was going to retire......well, it's so. Done Memorial Day weekend. The Mrs. was not on board at first, but she came around. I got my first pension check, and I wonder why the many work. It's more than I made on 40 hrs. when working. Read that s-l-o-w-l-y or again because it's true. The only deduction I have is federal tax taken off.....no state or local (i.e., they don't tax pensions---no FICA, retirement savings, no insurance, nothing). I make more than Mrs. Pudd does on 40 hours at the post office. Now I know why everybody wants to go (i.e., retire). It's beautiful --- no stress, no B.S., no worries. Just one problem......the Dukester follows me everywhere! I'm sure many know the drill. Still waiting for the lump sum payout to roll the 401 to Fidelity IRA. Not sure I will do all of it.....might keep some in 401 (good index funds there). Also joined the gym. Going to lose a few lbs....lol....also driving slower 'cause I can!! Drinking more coffee 'cause I can!!!
God bless
the Pudd

Comments

• @Puddnhead; Welcome to the world of the retired. The first thing I learned was you don't need to shave every day !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Congrats to @Puddnhead. Retirement is awesome.
  • Hi @Puddnhead,

I am happy for you ... and, welcome to the greyhead world. I have really enjoyed my retirement from the full time working world over the past three years. Although, I still put in a few hours from time-to-time at the office as I just can't seems to stay away. The pay is good and it gives me some extra spiff.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • In semiretirement I just took an intensive freelance job with a former employer. Not onsite, not 40h, good people w/ some former colleagues, pays okay. Army robot proposal. But man, do I wish I hadn't. Too much like work.
  • Congrats Pudd More Bud Light cause we can but might defeat the gym work !!
  • Ted's experience was not mine. If I don't
    t shave every day the razor slides over my neck hairs and I can;'t shave them.
  • Pension is more than you mad working?!?!?!

I wish you the best. The rest of the world is not your problem.:-D