Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Comey relief? That headline is a bit premature.
  • @PRESSmUp: Its not premature, former FBI Director James Comey’s Senate testimony Comey released prepared testimony saying the president asked him to end an investigation into the former national security adviser, not Russia hacking . Once the release became available the market reacted in a positive fashion. This whole Comey vs. Trump debate is much to do about nothing.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Trump's request to back off of the investigation into Flynn is not new information. That is what has been reported for a few weeks now.

Sorry...your jubilation is premature. The inquiry continues.

Also, just curious. Your comments as a lead-in to linked articles routinely mirror the first paragraph or so of the linked article. In this case, I don't see anything in any of the links indicating today's action is a "relief rally" based on what Comey's letter indicated.

Did I miss something?
  • edited June 2017
    275LB_NY_MCPO just sent me this message:

"There is more collusion between you and your liberal crybaby brethren on this website than between Russia and the current administration! Get a life and a new ideology that can win an election! Stick to investing...you need help there also!"

275LB_NY_MCPO.....do not EVER contact me again. I would ask the moderators to be aware of this type of harassment.
  • edited June 2017
    Moderators....he continues the harassment. Is there a way to block a user from sending messages? Unfortunately some people like to only share their perverse views away from the public eye.
  • @ PRESSmUP: The Senate Intelligence Committee released Comey's full opening remarks Wednesday afternoon, at which time the major indexes traded back near session highs.
    Regards,
    Ted
    Source: CNBC
  • So that was your extrapolation as opposed to that within one of the links?
  • @PRESSmUP: If you can't stand the heat from 275LB_NY_MCPO, get out of the kitchen.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited June 2017
    Can't answer the question Ted without a personal attack? Be aware...I don't mind at all the normal and customary political back and forth. But I don't care for the private harassment and personal admonishments. We can be civil...or at least I hope we can.
  • edited June 2017
    Statement for the Record
    Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
    James B. Comey
    June 8, 2017
    https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/os-jcomey-060817.pdf
  • Answer from Trump supporters after DT messes up repeatedly:

"Y...ye....yeah, but we won, y'all. Nah nah nah-nah-nah"- The Deplorables

Trump will claim he is responsible for any market gains, but if it drops? Well certainly that's Obama's fault!
  • Gutless poster who is afraid to post in public forum....and also reinforces my point:

275LB_NY_MCPO, You
    "Better to be a Deplorable than a crybaby LOSER!!! You cannot stand all the winning!!! "
  • 275LB_NY_MCPO, You
    "If you had a clue... you would know my account is BLOCKED!!! Now who is gutles…"

Hope he doesn't run out of chewing tobacco tonight because, wow,, it would get even better.
  • He's right about one thing though...if what we've seen is "winning", I've had just about enough.
  • PRESSmUP said:

He's right about one thing though...if what we've seen is "winning", I've had just about enough.

With a current 56% disapproval rating (only 38% approve of DT right now), you are certainly not alone.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

• @PRESSmUP, @catch22, @JoeD, and everyone else.
    275LB_NY_MCPO has now been banned. I apologize for his harassment. We attempted to place his account under moderation, which prevented him from posting on a discussion without approval. Apparently, he took that as an opportunity to be individually harassing. I'm sorry that I didn't catch it sooner.

Best,
    Chip