Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

InvestorPlace Founder Tobin Smith Breaks His Silence about Fox News

This is like visiting the sausage factory and seeing how they make it with your own eyes. It's pretty remarkable:
https://medium.com/@tobinsmith_95851/how-roger-ailes-fox-news-scammed-americas-la-z-boy-cowboys-for-21-years-1996ee4a6b3e

Comments

• Many have pointed out that a chief reason Macron won is that there is no Fox 'News' in France.
  • He is sleazy. Busted by the SEC for stock fraud.
  • @Mitchelg Well, he was in good even sleazier company, with two sexual predators--his ex-boss Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly.
  • I used to watch Bulls And BEars and treated it as an investment show.As I recall Sometime after 2000 It became a how terrible are the democrats economically show and limited investment advice to stock tips in the last two minutes/ I don;t remember Smith being an arch conservative on the show
  • It sure takes a lot of courage to bash the hell out of a guy after he's dead. I'm guessing that Smith never complained about his paychecks for those 14 years. Lowbrow.
  • Smith settles with the SEC over penny stock fraud case....

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sec-tobinsmith-settlement-idUSKCN0WV2KL
  • jerry said:

I used to watch Bulls And BEars and treated it as an investment show.As I recall Sometime after 2000 It became a how terrible are the democrats economically show and limited investment advice to stock tips in the last two minutes/ I don;t remember Smith being an arch conservative on the show

Back then the show was informative..one I used to always watch or tape. Remember Pat Dorsey? He was the fly in the ointment who stuck to investments above all else.

Anymore, it's not watchable except for the occasional comedy gold. I remember Charles Payne complaining about spending $3500 for a Hermes purse for his wife. He warned the retailer that if they weren't careful, they were going to price themselves out of the middle class market.
  • Some of the women anchors on Fox appear to have sharp teeth. On the other hand, wouldn't mind hanging around the Bloomberg set for a day.:)