Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

IBD's Paul Katzeff: mutual fund honchos describe their stock, sector and geographic plays for 2017

Comments

• You DO know these guys have no more clue than you, me, or the man in the moon? As for the so called experts, one of the very best, if not best sentiment indicators out there is the venerable Bank of America sell side indicator (formerly the Merrill Lynch sell side indicator) This is a *contrary* indicator based on Wall Street strategists' percentage exposure to equities. As a primer on the futility of Wall Street/mutual fund experts to predict/forecast the markets as well as the perils of groupthink, I highly recommend David Dremen's Psychology and the Stock Market published in 1977.
  • @Junkster do you know where to get the BOA indicator? I searched and only came up with articles about it. Many in Sept saying it was indicating a buy.
  • Here's a link referencing it for Dec 2016:
    finance.yahoo.com/news/this-contrarian-indicator-says-the-sp-500-is-set-to-surge-19-193618725.html

Still looking for the source...