Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

.....And how soon is too soon? (Bonds)

Hello, all. I should ride this slump through? Seems the fall in bonds, post-election, has nothing at all to do with fundamentals. Will bonds find equilibrium by the New Year? The time for getting out or reducing my bond (and RE) stake is in the rearview mirror. I'm not panicking. Hell, I stayed invested through the '08-'09 Crash, and added to my stuff regularly, right through it. I still hold SFGIX, too. (2.69% of portfolio.).......Meanwhile, I can enjoy Emmylou. :)
Gawd, she gets to me. Prettier as she ages, too! Happy Saturday.

Comments

• I think you have to consider that the Fed is meeting in Dec and will most likely raise rates. Then there is the State of the Union speech. There probably won't be a clear picture until after those two events.

My guess we are at a new trading level now and the recent highs in bonds will not be revisited. The economic conditions have changed from '08/9 - the desperation to get things moving isn't there now.

I sold all my bond holdings in Oct. I'll look at bonds again around the Fed meeting time. With the $ strength, look at foreign bonds.
  • :) I appreciate the response, @DanHardy. Wouldn't you know? I already own quite of bit in PRSNX (TRP Global multi-sector bonds) and PREMX (EM bonds.) My smallest bond holding is in DLFNX (2.55% of portf, domestic "core-plus.") All proceeds continue to be reinvested. And my two biggest holdings are balanced funds, so there's a big slug of bonds in there... But I'm not about to switch out of them: PRWCX and MAPOX. They run neck-and-neck for the top spot in category.