Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

60 Minutes: Thrown For A Loss: Video & Text

FYI: Several of the NFL's biggest stars have lost a total of $43 million in a risky venture brought to them by a financial adviser registered by their own union.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-nfl-players-lose-millions-in-risky-investment/

Comments

• I had the time to watch show last night . Financial adviser had some nice commissions from the players. I don't think this was the first time this has happen to wealthy sport figures & probably not the last ! I would have liked to been in the room when he talked the talk, so to speak.
    Derf
    P.S. Probably boils down to the fact if it sounds to good to be true, get the hell out of Dodge.
  • I also watched that and noticed the word "investment" being used a lot. Putting all(?) most(?) of your money into something like that was speculating, not "investing" as the term is generally understood.

"A fool and his money are soon parted," although that "advisor" is less than honest, more like a shark than an "advisor."