Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Was there an "info burp or other" around 12:30 est today that caused the markets to start downward?

edited September 2016 in Off-Topic
The overall markets took a hard face slap just past noon today. Any valid reason(s)???
Thank you.
Catch

Comments

• deutsche bank related report from Bloomberg affected all banks and recollection of systemic risks.
  • edited September 2016
    Hi @fundalarm
    Thank you. Am aware of ongoing problems with Deutsche bank; and more too now with Commerzbank, shutting down investment banking and apparent staff reductions.
    Apparently, an overall uneasiness in markets with too much everywhere. I was surprised to see some bonds move lower though.
    Take care of you and yours,
    Catch
  • TedTed
    edited September 2016
    catch22: Try reading the Closing Bell !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • We've been skating on thin ice for a while now. So, any reason will do.
  • Hey, Hi @Ted
    I was probably traveling back outside when you posted. The post times are close together.
    Stay dry there.
    Catch
  • Hi @fundalarm
    I had heard another blip about Deutsche bank eariler too, but the info fell out of my brain storage.
    The blip being hedge fund sells of Db.
    Catch

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/europes-current-economy/deutsche-bank-the-meltdown-crisis/
  • edited September 2016

Prior warning have been given, by the IMF and by the US Treasury's Office of Financial Research. Fed regulators.... have done nothing!
    In June of this year, the Federal Reserve said that the U.S. unit of Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Bank Trust Corp., had failed its stress test. The Fed cited “material unresolved supervisory issues that critically undermine its capital planning process” as one of the reasons for the failed grade.
    http://wallstreetonparade.com/2016/08/is-deutsche-bank-as-dangerous-to-financial-stability-as-citigroup-was-in-2008/

BAILOUT (already baked into global elite's cake). Privatize the profits, socialize the losses .... same as it ever was. But it's important to keep things in context:)
  • Hi @heezsafe
    Thank you for the followup.
    So........what is the deal (I understand the request) with the U.S. Justice department and the $14 billion charge against Deutsche Bank? 'Course, I will not assume that our Justice dept. has any knowledge of Fed. writings or communicates with the Fed.Res. folks.
    The whole thing is ripe for an excellent screenwriter to move the scenario into movie land.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-15/deutsche-bank-asked-to-pay-14-billion-in-u-s-probe-wsj-says
    So, tonight's summary would be: It's 3a.m. in Germany, hedge funds are pulling some money, the U.S. justice department wants some cash flow towards New York, Merkel election forthcoming, D. Bank may be low on poker chips, Mr. Draghi is apparently silent (well, I have not checked) and I need to get back to the ex-IMF head, Mr. Rato as to any status change. Mr. Stumpf can wait, and that line is too long for me at this time.
    Take care,
    Catch
  • Look like 'too big to fail' will come true again, if the German Gov't steps in. But if dominoes begin to fall it could get ugly.