Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Charles Schwab Fires Latest Salvo In Low-Cost TDF War

FYI: Charles Schwab Corp. has upped the ante in the push to be the lowest-cost provider of target-date retirement funds, launching a new series of target-dated mutual funds on Thursday that edge out Vanguard Group and Fidelity Investments to claim the title as cheapest on the market to date.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20160825/FREE/160829963?template=printart

Comments

• Cost is only one of many criteria to consider. What is more important is what are the underlying index funds and the % allocation are used. I am curious how for-profit companies such as Schwab can offer these products below cost.
  • I hold some Schwab 2030 TDF (SWDRX) and have been happy with it's performance over the years. However, YTD performance has fallen off sharply (91st percentile). I'm not panicking yet, but does anyone have any idea of what might be going on this year?