Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Art Cashin: "Somebody Thinks They Know Something"

Comments

• Thanks for posting this Ted. I was about to purchase an aggressive fund yesterday when I listened to Art Cashin and realized that Art was right - all the polls were dead even and the market participants thought they they knew something. I did not get sucked into the rally on Thursday.
  • edited June 2016
    Hi @FundStudent,

Neither did Old_Skeet get sucked in either.

Being a retail investor, and not a trader, by my valuation matrix indicates stocks, in general, are still to expensive as of Friday market close for the S&P 500 Index (2037) for me to increase my allocation in equities. I am thinking we still have a ways to go before a bottom is reached. Currently, I am looking somewhere around 1950 on the 500 Index before I open shop, during the summer, and devote much time towards my investing endeavors. With this, I am not following the markets during the day but I still do a daily and weekly portfolio close. My overall asset allocation bubbles as follows: cash 25%, bonds 25%, stocks 45% and other 5% according to my latest Instant Xray analysis of 6/03/2016. Please note, this is an adpative allocation, of sorts, that allows for some asset movement (upward or downward) within the allocation, from time-to-time, based upon market climate and my read on the markets. Currently, my range for stocks is 45% to 55% and was up above 65% a few years ago; but, as P/E Ratios have climbed, over the past couple of years, I have reduced my allocation to them.

I wish all a good summer ... and, most of all, "Good Investing."

Old_Skeet