Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Gross, Ivascyn See Flight To Havens In Historic Brexit Jolt

FYI: Investors should turn toward havens like bonds and away from stocks as markets sort through the repercussions of the U.K. referendum to exit the European Union, according to money managers Bill Gross and Dan Ivascyn.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-24/pimco-s-ivascyn-calls-nail-biter-brexit-tally-risk-off-event

Comments

• Bond fund managers suggesting folks rotate into bonds. Imagine that!
  • Morning Ted, What's up? Think this will erode the British empire?
  • TedTed
    edited June 2016
    @Anna: Brexit is just a short term blip, and I recommend MFO's don't have a knee-jerk reaction and sell. One thing for sure, in my opinion, the Fed will be hard pressed to raise interest rate for the remainder of 2016. Long term the U.K. will do just fine.
    Regards,
    Ted
    Rule Britannia:
  • Last night when I went to bed, the British pound was getting murdered and S&P futures were down well over 5% and I was afraid of a real bloodbath this morning. But the S&P actually rallied strongly this morning- only down about 2% now.

• I've got crazy lowball buy orders on stuff I want to own (or increase my holdings) for long-term positions but only one of them got hit so far. We'll see what the rest of the day and next week brings us, though. :)