Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

David Snowball's May Commentary Is Now Available

Comments

• This month's commentary includes two fund profile references:

Observer Fund Profiles: ARIVX and TILDX
    http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/2016/05/may-1-2016/#Observer_Fund_Profiles_ARIVX_and_TILDX

In the past, these fund references used to be links to the actual fund profiles. This time they are not. Are the fund profiles for these funds updated this month? Am I missing something?
  • edited May 2016
    Hmmm. They should be linked to David's latest profiles ...

An update of ARIVX from 2012 profile here,

and a new profile for TILDX here. (Actually, I believe this too is an update from 2011, but I think just before MFO's official launch. I'm getting old, so I might be a little fuzzy here.)

Let me double-check links.
  • edited May 2016
    OK, just added links in commentary to the profiles. Sorry about that ... thanks for catch AMatMFO.

Also, all profiles can always be found on Funds page.

c
  • Thanks, Charles.
  • Hi, guys.

That's entirely my fault. Sorry about the confusion. (Sorrier still if it means that folks didn't read the danged profiles.)

The pre-launch protocol for our monthly issue is really clear: I feed text to Chip in the hours before launch and she formats everything for the web, a surprisingly challenging and time-consuming process. At the designated hour, Chip launches one page and I immediately begin going through, testing links, checking graphics and all that. In the meantime she's launching the next page, which I'm responsible for getting to a checking. The final page launched is the cover essay, which is a bear. One of the early graphics was malformed and fixing it caused my brain to jump the track.

I'm sure June will be better. (rolls eyes)

Thanks for the catch!

David
  • I know how hard it is to get everything correct when you post the commentary every month (I work in the software industry). I appreciate the hard work you and the MFO team put in to get the commentary out every month.
  • The link was missing in the text, but the one in the right column under "MFO Updates" worked from the beginning. That's how I found the writeups a day or two after the current issue was posted.