Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Really.....??

Hi guys!
As I look down the discussion page, I see so many zeros in the comment side unless it's about guns, politics or even (laughably!) about grammar. One has to wonder: is this all you care about? Is there not more? Sometimes, I'm glad I don't get here much. Now......on to better things.
I do not think this rally will hold.... a Bradley turn date is soon due, so I'm looking to do some selling. If the market goes down, I will be looking at MLPs. I think they have done their time in Purgatory, and oil has hit bottom and is base building. It seems on the charts, things are at the decision point. In Europe, I see the man will be talking this week (i.e., Draghi), so, hopefully, more good news and an up market. Also, I saw BIS is out with their quarterly report. I must read that to see what the soulless ones think as they are the ones who enable the many. I have been looking at TEDIX. I don't know how many of you have this fund, but I would like your views. It seems to be lagging....
My parents have these funds in their IRA accounts. I do not like these funds. What do you guys think?
FCISX, FTCCX, FCSCX, TEGBX, FRPTX -- I am looking for better. I have some ideas but want to see what you think. Also, has anybody heard that when lumber outperforms gold, things are going to be good for a while? I forget where I saw that. I got the Longboard Futures semi-annual report. Seems funny not to see any companies in what they own.
Have to go.......things to do.
God bless
the Pudd

Comments

• I like your comments Puddnhead (other than Bradley dates) Never met a successful practitioner of Bradley dates in 50 years at this game. MLPs were not in purgatory but hell. Like you I think oil has bottomed but if oil has bottomed would also think equities have too. Yes, equities, junk bonds, and oil seem overbought now but if it continues it will be the rally that left just about everyone in the dust - except for the buy and hold crowd who sit there in amusement while others try to time the markets.
  • Puddnhead said:

I do not think this rally will hold.... a Bradley turn date is soon due, so I'm looking to do some selling.

I look up Bradley. It appears to be based upon astrology. Do you use astrology in your personal life?

"Bradley assigned numerical values to certain astronomical configurations for every day, and the sum is the siderograph (the prefix “sidero” means stars). "
  • Hi guys!
    No, I don't use Bradley......just some useless info I run into on the web. But you have to admit it sounds good---lol. I do think stocks will turn due to their being at the 200-day average. My guess is down. Are things really better than, say, December? As far as something I do use.....would be the timing of 401k money coming into the market. Also, BIS is the Bank of International Settlements.......sometimes I forget these things. So, no stars really.
    God bless
    the Pudd
    p.s. It's good to see some chatter on the board.
    Junkster: Are the Mennonites plowing yet? They are here.
  • @MFO Members: Here are the Bradley Siderograph for 2015-2020 for what their worth. if anything, you be the judge !
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://bradleysiderograph.com/donald-bradley-siderograph-2015/
  • edited March 2016
    @SandraWisdom There is a positive aspect to using astrology for timing/selecting investments: when you wish upon a star, it makes no difference who you are! [however, if it is OPM you are investing, it does make a difference, at least to the SEC]

http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/13530/when-you-wish-upon-a-star-makes-no-difference-who-you-are#latest
  • Junkster: Are the Mennonites plowing yet? They are here.

Not yet here.